Board Director opportunities at UK Deaf Sport
There has never been a better time to join our charity as a Board Director. The charity has grown in strength over the last 2 years and this really is an exciting time to be part of the organisation. With our strategy being refreshed and our team growing we need dynamic and passionate people to join us and make our vision of every deaf person active and inspired by sport and physical activity a reality.
We welcome applicants from all communities and walks of life to join our existing board members.
Currently, our Board includes expertise in the commercial, participation, health, legal and education sectors. They are hearing and deaf people, who come together a minimum of four times a year. Our board meetings are professional, informative and fully accessible with communication support provided when needed. Our Board enjoy their time making our vision a reality alongside our enthusiastic and dedicated staff team. Together we are a mix of ages and talents, and we are all people with a passion for change.
We are currently looking to strengthen some key experience and knowledge within the Board, so are keen to attract interest for the following roles:
- A strong strategic finance background
- Formal accountancy qualification
- Knowledge of Financial legal requirements and good practice (in either commercial or charity sectors)
- A demonstratable presence in the performance sport landscape
- Understand both the disability and mainstream performance sport operating structures
- Have operated at National and/or International elite competitions
- Experience in management of elite athlete performance
- Experience in managing and performing against the Sports code of Governance
- Knowledge and understanding of charity governance requirements and good practice
- Experience in supporting and working in charity governance
- Knowledge of methods engagement and participation with the Deaf community
- A background in community participation
- Innovative and different approaches to life (work and/or play)
- A background in working with and supporting the deaf community with new programmes in sport and physical activity
We are searching for passionate, committed individuals who understand our vision, are great at what they do and want to influence change.
Whether you have sat on a board before or not, if this sounds like an interesting way to broaden your sport, charity or disability sector experience while making a difference please get in touch to find out more.
We’ll accept applications in written, video or audio form.
Deadline for applications is 16th November 2020.
If you require support to fill out your application or want to discuss the post, please get contact with Valerie Copenhagen at Valerie.email@example.com