Play Together Certificates in Schools
Disability Sport Wales (DSW), the leading organisation for the development of disability sport in Wales, has renewed its partnership with Welsh employer Admiral.
Admiral’s further investment gives DSW the ability to continue to deliver the successful Admiral Play Together programme across schools in Wales to approximately 1,500 children.
Admiral Play Together is creative inclusive learning aimed at primary school pupils in Years 4 to 6. The sessions support and encourage young people to include everyone in their class and school with their play and cover a range of topics related to inclusive sport and disability.
Despite a challenging 2020, the Admiral Play Together programme was able to delight over 1,500 children through face-to-face sessions last year in school across Wales. Following national lockdown, DSW adapted the programme to provide activities for families via social media, continuing to spread the message of community awareness and inclusion.
Fiona Reid, Chief Executive of Disability Sport Wales said: “we passionately believe that every child should be able to play with their friends – in the playground, in PE, in sport and at home – so being able to deliver the Admiral Play Together sessions in schools has helped children share their ideas about including everyone, as well as given them more to go away and have a lot of fun with. We are so excited to be continuing this fantastic partnership with Admiral.”
Rhian Langham, Head of People Services at Admiral said: “We’re so pleased to continue our partnership with Disability Sport Wales on the Admiral Play Together programme. As a company that understands the importance of including everyone and having fun at the same time, we’re impressed by DSW’s approach to educating children on the importance of inclusivity. We look forward to seeing the programme inspire more children across Wales this year.”
Federation of Disability Sport Wales is committed to transforming lives through the power of sport and is a registered charity (no. 1144663). Its website is www.disabilitysportwales.com
About Admiral Group
1. Admiral Group is a leading FTSE100 Financial Services company with businesses in the UK, Europe and America. It set up in 1993 as a car insurance specialist in the UK, but since then has expanded into other countries and other services such as price comparison, home and travel insurance, Insurtech, personal loans, car finance and legal services.
2. It’s proud to have its headquarters and UK offices in south Wales as well as businesses in Spain, Italy, France and the US.
3. Its history is one of growth, profitability and innovation. When it launched in 1993 it had just one brand, zero customers and 57 members of staff. It now has over 11,000 employees and 7 million customers worldwide.
4. Admiral Group is Wales’ only FTSE 100 company. Group turnover in 2020 was £3.55 billion (2019: £3.46 billion).
5. Admiral Group, through its subsidiary companies, consists of 15 brands: Admiral, Admiral Law, Bell, Diamond, elephant.co.uk, Gladiator and Veygo, all based in the UK; Balumba, Qualitas Auto, and WiYou Seguros based in Spain; ConTe.it based in Italy; L’olivier.fr based in France; and elephant.com, Apparent Insurance and Compare.com based in the USA.
6. Admiral Group’s website address is www.admiralgroup.co.uk
7. In 2020 Admiral Group was named the 4th best workplace in the UK, the 8th Best Multinational Workplace in Europe and the 14th Best Workplace in the World by Great Place to Work. It was also named the 3rd Best Big Company To Work For in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies Best Companies To Work For.